When a person is looking to go out for a pedicure, choosing the right venue is imperative. This fact remains even more crucial for people living with diabetes. Here at Great Neck Family Foot Care, our team understands how diabetes can affect your feet’ health. That is why we’d like to stress the importance of receiving sterile pedicures if you live with this condition.
What Is A Sterile Pedicure
Even if you’re not currently living with diabetes, if you aren’t familiar with the term sterile pedicure, you should be. A pedicure that is considered to be sterilized includes the below factors:
- They are performed under the supervision of a podiatrist.
- All equipment that is used is either disposable or sterilized to surgical sterility.
- All equipment goes through two layers of sterilization.
Risks Of An Unsterilized Pedicure
When a patient is dealing with diabetes, the effects this condition can have on the feet is devastating on its own. If an unsafe pedicure is thrown into the mix, problems may only become worse. There are a variety of health issues that can come from receiving a non-sterile pedicure when you have diabetes, including the below:
- Pedicurist causing a small cut or wound to take place on one foot.
- Increased likelihood of developing an ingrown toenail.
- Exposure to infections.
Benefits Of Sterilized Pedicures
People who regularly seek out pedicures may not think of a podiatrist’s office as a place to receive them. However, if you have diabetes, visiting our facility here at Great Neck Family Foot Care for a pedicure could be your best option. By coming to us for this service, you’ll receive many benefits, including the below:
- Increased likelihood of avoiding any of the previously listed pedicure related-issues.
- Ability to work with foot experts who understand precisely how diabetes can affect the feet.
- Being provided treatment for common foot problems such as calluses, blisters, and ingrown toenails from a trained professional.
Schedule A Pedicure
At Great Neck Family Foot Care, our team is committed to providing all of our patients with the services needed to protect their feet. If you’re looking for a sterile pedicure because you’re living with diabetes, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Hochstein and the rest of our team will provide you with this service so your feet can remain healthy. To schedule your appointment, be sure to contact our team today.