Warts are growths on your skin that cause pain and discomfort from infection with HPV. They can pop up anywhere on your skin and can range from painless to mildly painful. The warts are usually benign and can be treated relatively quickly. If you think you may have a wart or want to know the precautionary steps you can take to prevent one from occurring, consult with our podiatrist in Little Neck, Dr. Alec Hochstein. Our team at Great Neck Family Foot Care is here to assist you with the treatment you need and any questions you may have.
Plantar warts are small growths that tend to emerge on the heels, feet, or ankles. These warts can form ranging from one to a few and appear on dry surfaces, commonly within children. Since plantar warts are found on the feet, the pressure of weight bearing may also cause plantar warts to grow inward beneath a hard, thick layer of skin, creating a callus.
In most cases, these warts are originally developed by an HPV virus. Viruses such as these can infiltrate the body through a weakened/open location, i.e. a small cut or wound. With proper treatment, plantar warts are typically taken care of through very little treatment and should not pose a serious concern for patients.
- A small grainy growth on the bottom of the foot, toes, or heel.
- A sudden appearance of a callus.
- Black pinpoints called wart seeds that are clotted blood vessels.
- The area feeling tender while standing and putting pressure on it.
When To See Our Podiatrist in Little Neck
It’s important to take the right steps towards treating the wart(s) before spreading occurs. Great Neck Family Foot Care can help address the wart(s) if you think you may have one. Contact us today if you have noticed the following:
- The wart is bleeding or painful.
- You’ve tried treating it, but it multiplies or keeps occurring.
- Pain that affects the quality of life.
- You’re experiencing symptoms and you’re a patient who also suffers from diabetes.
- You’re experiencing symptoms and you have a weak immune system.
If you think you may have a wart, seek advice from our podiatrist in Little Neck, Dr. Alec Hochstein. Contact us today to get the treatment you need towards ridding any unwanted warts. Give us a call today to get started!