For comfortable, effective laser toenail fungus laser treatment in NYC, come in and experience our state-of-the-art laser technology. With gentle pulses of light, our CoolTouch Varia laser and Noveon Normir Laser gently eliminates nail fungus without disturbing any of the surrounding healthy tissue. The FDA has approved this medical breakthrough, and it provides a safe alternative to oral anti-fungal medications.
Try Our Easy, Painless Onycholase™ Laser Treatment!
Until the development of this new laser technology, the available treatments for toenail fungus treatment consisted of two options:
- An oral medication which has to be taken for three months, and has been known to cause liver damage and other adverse side effects in some patients.
- A nail polish or ointment must be used continuously for one full year and is not highly effective even after that year of treatment.
Compare our safe, effective easy laser treatment with oral medications:
- Research with the Nail Fungus laser demonstrates that fungus is effectively cleared from nails over 85% of the time, eliminating the need for medication or topical polishes and ointments.
- An oral medication, on the other hand, is effective only about 50% to 70% of the time.
- Oral anti-fungal medications have been shown to create liver and kidney complications in some patients, and multiple blood tests are required to monitor liver function while a patient is taking these medications.
- Laser treatment, which introduces no chemicals or foreign substances into the body, is safe enough to be used by young children with no danger.
- Oral medications are not successful in treating some types of fungal organisms, and they often require another “round” of drugs to be taken in the coming years.
- Oral medications can interact with other drugs, and should not be taken if patients are being treated for high blood pressure or cholesterol.
Researchers estimate that 1 out every 10 adults contracts toenail fungus at least once in their life because the organisms are hard to avoid; they live in or near swimming pools, gyms, in clothing, and even in carpets.
The OnychoLase ® laser treatment safely kills the Onychomycosis or fungal organism that causes toenails to become discolored, inflamed, and easily broken. The procedure is brief and easy, causing no discomfort and requiring no anesthetic or bandaging. It is performed as a quick outpatient service for people who stops by in the midst of their busy days. No side effects exist since no foreign material or chemicals are introduced into the body.
Make an appointment at the OnychoLase Laser Nail Center for treatment and receive your free gift for trying it out!
Call us at (516) 708-9770 to schedule your laser toe fungus appointment today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment in NYC
How does the Nail Fungus Laser work?
These innovative medical devices use beams of light at various wavelengths that painlessly shine through your toenail. It passes through healthy tissue without affecting it and inactivates and destroys the fungal pathogens that are embedded in your nail bed and nail plate.
Does the laser toenail fungus treatment hurt?
These laser light beams cause no harm to the nail itself or the tissue surrounding it. A few patients report feeling a sensation of heat, but there is never a need for anesthesia and most patients feel no discomfort whatsoever.
How long will it take to have a treatment?
Our average appointment for toenail fungus laser treatment in NYC requires less than an hour, and we provide multiple treatments over the course of 2-3 months to give our patients the highest success rates. These follow up treatments are included in the cost of the nail fungus laser treatment.
How successful is the Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment in NYC?
This technique has proven itself successful in patients around the world. The great majority of patients receiving this treatment show substantial improvement in the health of their nails, and most of the time the fungal infection is completely cured. Healthy-looking toenails are possible for you!
How soon until I see improvement?
A full toenail takes about 9 to 12 months to regenerate, on average. You’ll be able to see the new healthy growth within the first three months following treatment. The older part of your nail will not discolor or fall off, because this effective treatment is also very gentle.
How safe is this laser toenail fungus treatment?
We have seen NO problems, adverse reactions, injuries or side effects in all the hundreds of patients that we have treated by this technique. This flawless safety record is all the more significant when contrasted with the health risks associated with oral anti-fungal medications, which include liver and kidney damage. There are no known side effects associated with the toenail fungus laser treatment in NYC.
Will I be able to walk right after having the treatment?
Yes; the treatment is gentle and does not cause any disturbance or discomfort to your feet. You can put your shoes on right after the treatment and walk straight to a nail shop to have a pedicure done if you like. Your feet will not feel any different.
Is the treatment covered by insurance?
Since nail fungus laser treatment is considered to be an aesthetic procedure, it is not covered by health insurance plans. However, the cost of laser treatment is LOWER than that of many prescription anti-fungal oral medications, and many patients have tried taking those for months at a time without success. We are happy to talk with you about setting up a payment plan, and we are very open and straightforward about our costs. We look forward to working with you to make this procedure fit within your budget.
Why didn’t I ever hear about this before?
This is a new technology that has just recently been approved by the FDA. Dr. Hochstein conducted his own research on its effectiveness and is glad that he is now able to offer this extraordinary state-of-the-art medical breakthrough to his patients. The office is proud to offer the highest standards of sterility and uncompromised, laser nail fungus technology to Long Island and the New York Metro area.
What Is The Best Treatment For Toenail Fungus?
Toenail fungus may seem like a minor issue to some, but those who experience it know the difficulties that come along with the condition. For both aesthetic and health-related reasons, the prevention and treatment of toenail fungus should be a top priority. If your toenail fungus keeps coming back, Dr. Hochstein at Great Neck Family Footcare has the experience to provide you with the treatment you need today!
Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
When you look down at your toes and see your nails look different than they normally do, it can be a cause for alarm. If the below symptoms are present, chances are it could be toenail fungus:
- Distorted shape.
- Brittle, crumbled, or ragged nails.
- Thickened nails.
- Whitish to yellow-brown discoloration.
Causes of Toenail Fungus
While toenail fungus is more common in older adults, it can affect anyone. Understanding the common causes of toenail fungus is a great way to help manage the situation or prevent it from occurring in the future. Walking around barefoot in damp communal areas such as gym locker rooms, shower rooms, and swimming pools is one way to increase the risk of toenail fungus. Conditions such as athlete’s foot and psoriasis can also increase the likelihood that your toenail fungus keeps coming back. Fortunately, there are ways to mitigate the likelihood that your toenails are affected by this.
Treatment & Prevention
No one wants to walk around dealing with toenail fungus. It can be a serious hit to your self-confidence and just an overall unpleasant experience in general. Toenail fungus can leave the nail permanently damaged or lead to other serious infections that may spread throughout the body if left untreated. If your toenail fungus keeps coming back, there are some preventative actions that can be taken such as:
- Trimming nails straight across, smoothing edges with a file, and filing down all thickened areas.
- Using foot powder.
- Washing your feet regularly.
- Wearing sweat-absorbent socks, changing them throughout the day.
- Wearing proper footwear in locker rooms, public showers, and pool areas.
However, if your toenail fungus keeps coming back regardless of what you do to prevent it, Dr. Hochstein at Great Neck Family Footcare can help treat it! There are several treatment methods commonly used to rid toenail fungus, including:
- Medicated nail cream – You may be prescribed this cream to be rubbed on the affected area after soaking. This allows the medication to access the fungus below the nail.
- Medicated nail polish – You may also be prescribed a special nail polish known as ciclopirox to be painted on the affected toenails. A fresh coat is to be applied every day, starting fresh every seven days.
- Oral antifungal drugs – Oral medications such as Lamisil or Sporanox may be prescribed by your doctor. These medications allow for the affected nails to be replaced by a new one.
- Surgery – If your toenail fungus keeps coming back even after the above measures are taken, surgery may be necessary. However, the procedure would simply be a removal of the affected nails so that a topical antifungal drug can be directly applied to the underlying fungus. Permanent removal of the nail may be suggested in cases of severe pain and infection.
- Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment in NYC – With our laser toenail fungus treatment, you can ensure that your toenail fungus will be gone for good!
Contact Us Today!
If your toenail fungus keeps coming back, it may be time to seek treatment from a professional. With modern facilities at his disposal, Dr. Hochstein can offer you state-of-the-art care to irradicate your toenail fungus once and for all. Whether it be through preventative action, medications, or toenail fungus laser treatment in NYC, Dr. Hochstein has you covered. Get a handle on the situation by contacting Great Neck Family Foot Care today!